SURGICAL OTOLOGY AND NEUROTOLOGY
To make an appointment, please contact Dr. Stankovic’s medical assistant, Ms. Delia Martinez, at Massachusetts Eye and Ear, 243 Charles St, Boston, MA 02114.
Clinical Focus: hearing loss due to congenital or acquired causes, including due to genetic mutations, chronic ear infections, age, noise-trauma, cholesteatoma, tumors (such as vestibular schwannomas/acoustic neuromas, glomus tumors, cancer), trauma, superior semicircular canal dehiscence.
- Cochlear implantation
- Stapes surgery (laser stapedotomy)
- Ossiculoplasty (ossicular chain reconstruction)
- Tympanoplasty (drum repair)
- Mastoidectomy (for chronic ear disease and cholesteatoma)
- Canalplasty (such as for exostoses)
- Bone anchored hearing aid (BAHA) surgery
- Vestibular schwannoma/acoustic neuroma surgery (via middle fossa, translabyrinthine and retrosigmoid craniotomy)
- Labyrinthectomy (for intractable Meniere’s disease)
- Temporal bone resection (for tumors)
- Repair of superior semicircular canal dehiscence